Monday, February 23, 2009




So Scott and I are finally starting to get situated in our new place.

We have the habit down of referring to our house as the "Fancy, Bavarian, Romantic, Tudor, Log Cabin House just west of Ronald MacDonald." This is to cover our bets that whomever we're talking to will know our place by one of these clever descriptions.

I'm finally remembering that my last name is Hannay. Ha ha... I do have a dumb story though. I haven't told Scotty this yet... but I was given a name of a woman in our neighborhood to get in contact with, so I called her and introduced myself. "Hi this is Lindsey Hansen." Lindsey HANSEN! I got my own last name wrong! I think I was debating in my mind whether I was Lindsey Hannay or Lindsey Petersen.... So I'm Lindsey Hansen. Uggh. I'm so dumb.

We've hit the point where it's no longer exciting to have mail in our box when it says "To Current Resident" on it. At first we were just happy to get anything.

We had Matt and Laurel over. Our first guests! Once they left we celebrated our successful first go around.

We've found the right consistency of blankets to cover us at night so Scott's not hot, and I'm not cold. This balance involves the fuzzy blanket being at the foot of the bed. I don't even use it! But knowing it's at the foot of the bed fools me into thinking I'm warm enough, lulling me into a false sense of security for my slumber.

We don't have a kitchen trash can. And our TV might sit on a cooler forever. But we have a blog. This fact alone affirms our status as married and settled, I think.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey & Scott,

    Your great, gorgeous quilt and the carpet from Morocco really work together. We miss the brightness on our living room floor; however, since Scott schlepped it half way 'round the world, you deserve to have it on your floor.

    I'm sure the cooler is a nice early married touch and the trash can will come.

    Love you two and love your blog.

    The Santa Barbara Parentals

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so funny - Lindsey Hansen!!

    In our first place, someone left a little kid table and chairs. We just covered it with a table cloth and it worked great for us! And in our current apartment, we've gone 3+ years without a table, so I think you'll be ok. Someday we'll have lots of stuff to worry about. Until then, our guests will eat with their plates in their laps.

    ReplyDelete