Sunday, October 14, 2012

Top Five, Easy

I love Autumn. The highlight of my year is when the world starts dying. I know, that's a weird way to think of it. Last fall was a blur, so Scott and I have taken every chance we can this year to get up into the mountains to catch the leaves turning in their stages. We missed the fire reds and brights oranges at the cabin this year... probably by about a week... but we made it up over General Conference Weekend to see the gorgeous golden yellow of the Quaking Aspen. My favorite tree. And this view from the top of our cabin hill is one of my favorite views on this earth. 

Top five, easy.



Scott's parents came to Utah to spend the weekend. Peter loved spending time with his Hannay grandparents, and we loved snacking on all the delicious Trader Joe's goodies they brought! Thank you again, Lynne and Rick!

We drove up to the cabin on Saturday to show them where we spend so much of our time. Scott and his parents took an ATV ride throughout the hills, and later we went for a hike with the whole family. I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed and grateful as we walked through God's most amazing evidence of his love for us. Between His beautiful artwork and our wonderful family, I felt like I was just brimming with joy. It felt so refreshing to breathe the mountain air and put one foot in front of the other on a crooked dirt path, covered in golden leaves. I couldn't stop thinking about where we were this time last year, and recognizing the opportunity we have to always be grateful for this beautiful, simple life that we live. 


I love this picture of my parents with all of their grandkids (plus one on the way! I don't know if I've mentioned yet that Kirsten's expecting a baby girl in February! We are so excited for another baby in the family, and it will be so fun for Peter to have a cousin just one year below him in school!)


Andrew exploring everything and leading the group

Ben is wild! And I love it. 

Sweet Sarajane and her baby doll.

Peter loved playing in the back of uncle Johnny's truck!
SJ and Grandpa walking the pipe!


I can't get enough of this wiggly boy!

We love Johnny and Alyssa!


Little Man insisted on hiking himself... sort of.

I know this picture is blurry, but I just love it too much! SJ hurt her finger, and Ben was so sad and concerned!

They are such good buddies!

My handsome boys! 

The two best babysitters around! 

Scott with his dad. So glad the Hannay's could join us!





No comments:

Post a Comment