Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Elf Breakfast

We have had busy, busy weeks. It seems like the holiday brings one thing after another...after another... after another. All good things. But man, there are a lot of them! Anyone else tired?

We are having so much fun sharing the holiday spirit with Peter this year. He cracks us up. All day. Every day. I am constantly calling Scott at work to tell him of Peter's latest tricks and accomplishments. I love listening to Peter jabber all day long. Lately, he had been really big on locating his head, eyes, ears, nose, and teeth. He knows that the lion says "Rawr" and that the duck says "Quack (but it sounds more like guac guac guac)." He had a scratch and sniff Christmas book that he reads by pressing his face up against the pages and taking a serious "Whif." He understands pretty much everything we say. He starts to undress when we mention the tub. He puts his dirty clothes in the laundry. He is always trying "help" around the house. He does about a dozen signs to communicate with us (he uses "please" for everything, which is my favorite!), and he does the usual clapping, blow kisses, high five, and waving. Every day he does something new that I didn't expect. Oh, and we've had some false alarms as far as words go. Besides Mama and Dada, we have a first official, unprovoked, un-taught-on-purpose word. Ball. He pointed to a ball and said, "Ba." I about died.

Anyway, so one of our recent holiday activities was the Ward Primary Christmas Breakfast. The YW and YM in our ward were in charge of the breakfast, and it kept me very busy for a few days (I am now in the YW Presidency). We had a blast. I have way too many pictures of all of our crafts, reindeer games, reindeer-shaped pancake creations, photo booth, and decorations (we had a candy-cane forest, whirly twirly gumdrops, and a North Pole!) I won't be posting all of those. Don't worry. 

But this is a proud moment. My first kid-art for the fridge. Courtesy of my baby boy.
This was the tiniest reindeer foot/face and hands in the entire room. I love it way too much. 


Here are some pictures of my girls (elves) and some of their leaders. I love the Young Women! I am so lucky to spend so much time with these wonderful girls and women! 


No comments:

Post a Comment