Wednesday, July 15, 2009

ANDRE REIU... BETTER THAN DISNEY LAND


This guy put on the greatest show I've ever seen! I could NOT stop laughing the entire night. Between his backup dancers in full-on ball gowns reenacting a ridiculously smiley version of "Pick-a-little-talk-a-little-cheep-cheep-cheep" in the background... Andre's charming facial expressions magnified on the the screen 99.999999999 percent of the time... the elderly couples waltzing in the aisles... the random man-in-bull-head charging the audience... the one AMAZING soprano who was forced to perform the one credible thing of the entire night in a doll costume with bright red circles on her cheeks... the looks on the faces of our friends who drove in traffic from Provo to hear one of "the world's most famous violinists" (in suits and jazzy attire).... and the free coke zero in the parking lot.... we had a night that rivals the pure joy I feel at Disney Land. I can't even explain to you what an extraordinary evening. Definitely worth sitting in the rain for.... ha ha ha... it makes me laugh even now to think about it! It's too bad I don't have a picture of his face to preserve the memory till the end of time. It was one of those moments where you just thought, "This is just too good. I can't believe I am here!" You know, he really was a fantastic violinist, and we were lucky to be there... I just did not anticipate the show we got to see! No one really ever could! My sincere thanks to our buddy Andre!




This was us trying to mimic his face(s):

2 comments:

  1. Wish I had been there.
    I Pandora'd Andre Rieu and they currently only have him under holiday. I'm listening as I write this, and though it is more serious than silly, it's absolute beautiful.
    Thanks for this new gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Reminds me of the time I went to the ballet to feel cultured and ended up going to a ballet of all male dancers in drag! It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete