Wednesday, July 15, 2009

CIAO JOHNNY!

I was in the grouchiest mood... stomping around... feeling gross... thinking only about myself...and the phone rang. I looked at the phone, and I didn't recognize the number. I said, in my grizzliest voice, "I don't know that number, and I don't want to talk to ANYONE I don't know!!!" Scott said, "Linds, it might be Johnny, answer it."

AND IT WAS!!!!!

(thank you Scott)

Johnny's in ITALY!!! Or at least I think he is by now... We got to talk to him on the phone when he was at the airport on Tuesday morning. It was SO GREAT to talk to him! He told me all about what is first day was supposed to be like. He told me about swine flu in the MTC and the fun they had playing pranks with their quarantined masks. We had so much fun laughing and just catching up. I feel like we hadn't missed a beat... although I've missed him! Johnny is the greatest kid, and I have been missing him like crazy. I cannot even explain how happy it made me to talk to him, even for just twenty short minutes! (Except, I did end the phone call crying of course. Lame goodbye. It wasn't a good bye. It was a bad bye... a very bad bye!)

This kid just makes me smile.








No comments:

Post a Comment