Thursday, September 29, 2011

On the Other Side...

Visiting my own blog feels a little foreign and abandoned. I'm not sure what to say. It's weird that a month of my life seems to have evaporated, and I'm on the other side, now, of a life that is completely different. So much has happened. We have been the recipients of so many miracles. After all the challenges we've been through, I feel strengthened and hopeful toward all the challenges to come. I have found a gratitude and perspective for life that I hope to never lose. I know that prayers are answered. I know that the Lord sends the right comfort and reassurance when we need it. And I know the Lord has a plan. I have absolutely no doubt.

I'm recovering well, feeling a little better each day. I'm grateful for the cards, letters, dinners, visits, gifts, treats, texts, and all the wonderful ways that people show their love. What I appreciate the most is the love behind the gesture. I am touched by everyone who reached out in their own way. I'm grateful for the prayers. I know they work!

And look at the biggest miracle of all! Peter Scott Hannay





He makes it all worth it.

I'm not sure what I'll do with this blog. I have never felt that a blog is an appropriate place for the extremely personal/spiritual experiences of my life. But I have a hard time writing in a way that separates those experiences from the every day moments. It's all weaved together. I might make the blog more private and use it for journaling. I might get rid of it all together. I might just blog about the every day stuff like I did before. Who knows?

7 comments:

  1. Every birth and every baby is truly a miracle and something to be grateful for. I needed that reminder, so thank you! Rosie has no idea what she's missing, not having played with Peter yet. Or perhaps she does know what she's missing and THAT is why she is so crabby tonight! Ha ha. He is absolutely adorable, Lindsey. You let me know when you're ready for a good time and we'll all have one together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing Linds! I love you so much and am so glad that you're doing so much better! You're truly an example to me! And Peter is ADORABLE! You remain in my prayers. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness. so cute. i hope you don't end your blog, it is the only way i can keep track of you. call me sometime girly i miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how we love you guys. And we do love to know what is happening, whether big or mundane, on or off of the blog. YOU and Peter are miracles, and are both such amazing humans that we are lucky to call part of our family. Sending lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you're recovering and that you get to be home with adorable little Peter! I hope you know that I'm still thinking about you a lot and praying for your continued recovery. I must say, I love your blog so I do hope you don't end it. But, in the end you do what you feel is best for you and your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey, your little boy is adorable! You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Isn't being a parent wonderful? We're so happy for you, and glad that everything is working out. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete