Monday, November 7, 2011

Little Man Stats

It's funny how excited I get when I know we have a trip to the pediatrician coming. I love our pediatrician. Peter loves him too. He'll stare at him, listen to his voice, and jabber back to him. And the doctor's name is Peter, too, so that makes him even cooler.

Today's appointment went wonderfully. I know that Peter's growing. I tried to button up one of this three-month sleepers today and it barely buttoned because he's just getting so long! Most of his little sleepers are floods, which leads to cold ankles. I'm going to have to go through his clothes tonight and pack away all the ones that are too small. I swear I did this just last week.

Peter was great the whole appointment, smiling and sitting so contently on my lap. He has grown three inches since birth... he is now 24 inches long!! He is 11.38 pounds (7 pounds 14 ounces at birth)! The doctor was very impressed with his growth curve, and I'm so grateful that he's done so well on formula and that he's so healthy. So he is in the 86% for height and the 36% for weight. Tall and skinny... like his whole extended family (except his Aunt Kirsten... sorry Keek).

He had to get his vaccines today. I can honestly say that it was the very first time we have seen him shed a tear. Even at his fussiest moment, he has never actually cried to the point of tears. I may be a terrible mother, but I couldn't help but laugh a little. He had a little fit for about five minutes, and after some snuggling, he sat in his car seat. He's been snoozing and smiling ever since. I'm a lucky lucky mom.

Loving this boy more and more every day... didn't that that was possible! I'm so grateful for the beautiful creation of family. Peter truly puts the world into perspective. Everything I have loved and enjoyed in life pales in comparison to the joy and the sense of purpose that comes from this angel in our lives. Scott and I couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

  1. we can be bad moms together. i have laughed every time quinn gets her shots. by the way, call me? i feel sort of stalkerish--looking at your blog, leaving you about 20 voicemails and texts--but i hope that the move went ok! i've been trying to reach you to come down and help, but i think your phone must be off.

    ReplyDelete