Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Merry Christma 2011!

We had a fun little Christmas at our house! It was so fun to be in our new home with our new little family of three! We had a fun and busy holiday week with dinner at Sue and Thayer's, Dinner at Steve and Ingunn's, the Nutcracker, the Christmas concert at the Conference Center, a wonderful church service, brunch at mom and dad's, dinner at Grandma's, spending time with Doug while he's in town, and spending time getting to know our guests from Italy (this cute family from Johnny's mission joined us for Christmas). Even with all the activity, we still found time to relax and enjoy our first Christmas together in our house.


I should have taken pictures of our Christmas decorations. I say that every year. I love our Christmas decorations. I have collected some really fun things. This isn't the best picture of our Christmas tree, but we have a tall, skinny tree with a stuffed Santa and all of his elves. We have a bunch of felt ornament balls and snow flakes. Grandma Lynne sent us some fun ornaments to add to our collection this year! Some gorgeous blue balls, bright-colored nativity ornaments, and some awesome jungle/safari animals. They were such fun additions.


By the way... I got my braces off in November. Don't look to closely. This was Christmas morning, and I may or may not have brushed my teeth for this picture. Probably not.


Santa brought Peter his first pet this year: a really cool fish we named Reggie (short for "Regalo," which is Spanish for gift. I don't know why my brain works this way). We love Reggie. Peter hasn't quite figured out that he's here...but maybe Reggie will live long enough for Peter to enjoy him. He lives in a tall pitcher in our kitchen. We like him very much... but he doesn't really satisfy our craving for a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment