Friday, September 14, 2012

Thank You Uncle Ollie and Auntie M!

Margy, it's been a week since we talked on the phone and I told you I'd post these cute pictures! Peter was so excited to get your special package on his birthday! I wish he'd spit the binkie out so you could see that cute smile behind it! He loved tearing the paper off the package, only to find more paper beneath it! (I'm kind of cheap and used you cute polka-dot paper to wrap his gift from us later that day!) 

I read Peter a very condensed version of the book and tried to keep him from eating the pages. It is such a cute story with a great message that will probably be very applicable to our family and will always remind us of you and Oliver! Thank you for remembering our special day and reaching out so lovingly! I'm sorry I wasn't on the ball with skype!


Now for a general mini-update (which usually means I'm announcing the need for an update, but I'm postponing until I have more time). I have some fun pictures from Peter's 1st birthday party and spending time around the house that I will post when I have a chance (Scott and I share a computer these days). We have spent a lot of time at home since his birthday... practically every day, actually. It's a shame with the beautiful weather outside, but we've had a sick little boy. I don't know if it was his shots, whole milk, or just a bug, but we had a rough week. Peter's a champ, though, and has been so cheerful even when his tummy hurt.

This rough week for Peter coincided with one of the busiest weeks Scott has ever had at work and school. We've hardly seen him at all this week, which has been rough, but I know it won't be like this forever. My car broke down this week, and Scott has been taking his to work so he doesn't have to ride his bike home in the dark... so we've been housebound and relying on my mom for Pedialyte and extra-sensitive wipes (Thank you, mom!). I have been pretty tired getting up with little man at night and putting in a lot of extra effort during the day for my sick little guy, but taking care of little man is the best part of the job, so I'm doing alright (I'm reverting to newborn rules and trying to nap when he naps... why shower when we're not really going anywhere, right?) I know life will slow down at some point, and then I'm going to wish that it didn't, so I'm doing my best to enjoy the every day moments.

It's fun to have a one year-old. I'm figuring out his language while he's trying to learn ours. I love spending all my time with Peter. I'm so grateful, especially this week, for a loving husband who provides the opportunity for me to be home to care for Peter. When he's sick, I want to be the one to help him feel better, and no job I've ever had is so involved or rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment