Friday, April 19, 2013

Torrey Pines (Brrrrr!)

My experience with Southern California for the last five years has been sitting on a cold and windy beach in coats and blankets watching Scotty surf. I've tried to surf a handful of times, but it's just way too cold, even with a wetsuit! Look at the picture below! I'm wearing the exact same set up I wear during a snowy Utah blizzard. The humidity makes it even worse. I actually LOVE the cold... in UTAH... in the WINTER. I am not impressed by the wind and chill when I expect to be on a sunny beach. That is all.

Although I think it's a myth, apparently Southern California beaches do get warm and sunny. I look forward to the day that myth can be dispelled. Peter enjoyed digging in the sand for a bit, but ultimately it was another cold and windy beach day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment