Monday, June 17, 2013

Papa Day

If I ever need to get Peter out of the house and willingly into the car, all I need to say is, "Peter, want to go see Papa?" He get's so excited he practically bolts to the car! And then the entire drive he begs, "Papa house! Papa house! Papa house!" We are going to have to spend a lot of time swimming at Papa's house this summer because it is by far Peter's favorite place with one of his very favorite people.

"Papa" is Peter's name for his grandpa. I like to call them Middle Pete and Little Pete. Peter loves his Papa so much, and I can tell that Brooklyn is very quickly starting to form the same attachment. She loves to be held and snuggled by her Papa Pete, and usually just stares right at him. I can't wait for her to start smiling. I wouldn't be surprised if it happend while being held by her Papa. 

Yesterday was my dad's birthday and father's day. We had so much fun spending time as a family while my dad cooked, served, and gave gifts to everyone else (as usual). He is the most generous and loving person, and we are all so grateful to have him at the head of our family. My dad supports us in everything, from our education to our plans and the growth of our family... even juice and leftover drop-offs. He is eager to approve, compliment, and encourage. Scott and I both go to him often for advice of every kind. We both value his influence in our lives so much. Best of all, my dad is the most incredible grandpa to six very lucky kids (Peter has been obsessed with him since he was about four-months old). There's nothing cooler than a grandpa who insists on sitting at the kids table every single time. 

Love you, Dad. 






No comments:

Post a Comment