Wednesday, March 12, 2014

White Cheese with Worms

These two are cracking me up. Being their mom is the most fun.



A few of my favorites lately,

They are really into their play tunnel and tent lately. Brooklyn crawls through the tunnel, Peter waits for her on the other side, and then they both burst into laughter when Peter pops out and says, "BOO Bookie!!" It makes me so happy to see them play together. I know the years ahead of us will be the most special, and I'm thrilled they have each other. Adorable. Simply put. 


The kids were in the tub last night. I washed Brooklyn's hair, and it started immediately curling up (it's always super tight after tub-time). Peter says, "Is dat Bookwin's hair, Mama? I touch it pwease?"
"Sure bud, you can touch it. Be soft." He softly patted the top of her hair, barely touching her bouncy little curls, and he looked up at me with the sweetest smile. "It's so soft! It's dewishes (delicious)!"


Peter asked for a snack this morning. I asked him if he wanted some orange cheese or some white cheese. He looked at me with his most excited, circle-eyed smile and said, "White cheese with worms!!" I was confused and got him a white string cheese. "In a bowl? With worms?" he asked. "Worms pwease!" I finally realized that he wanted me to shred his string cheese to make "worms." Ha!

One of Brooklyn's words is "Na-na-na-na!" She asks for "Na-na" whenever she is hungry or sees me preparing food. Peter heard her asking for "Na-na-na," and was a man on a mission. I didn't know what he was looking for, but he came back a minute later with a banana from his play kitchen. "I get Bookwin na-na mama!"


Brooklyn is hillarious. She is so social and talkative. She knows when she is being funny and waits to see your reaction before she cracks herself up. When I'm feeding her, for example, she'll stretch her arms above her hands to do, "Soooo big!" Then she'll just stay like that until I notice and smile. Then she cracks up in laughter. She looks at me and laughs any time she passes gas. That one is my favorite. She loves to pull her socks off during naptime. And when she hears me open the door to get her at the end of her nap, she'll scramble to find her socks so she can show me. Then she laughs. She laughs and laughs and laughs. All the time. What a joy.

I love my littles.

No comments:

Post a Comment