Monday, April 7, 2014

60 Degree Conference Miracle

Friday brought us a foot of snow. By Sunday it was gone. Conference miracle!?

This was the best conference Scott and I have had in years. The later time, now that we're not in Utah, meant that naptime and conference coincided better, so we were able to watch parts of conference ACTUALLY SEATED with both kids asleep. It was just what I needed. I feel recharged, uplifted, reminded, and motivated. This new move and stage of life has brought a whole new brand of challenges for our family, and Conference was the respite in the middle of the chaos (not an exaggeration... Peter had a terrible allergic reaction before Conference, and Brooklyn had a fever and threw-up right after) that actually felt like a respite.  

The kids were both up during the mid-session break so we could all go out and explore our sixty degree day. It felt amazing to move in the slightly-breezed sunshine and explore the trails by our house. We are excited about the vantage point just up from our house, and I can see us spending a lot of time on this ridge trail that takes us down to the lake. It is beautiful. Scott and I both felt a little like we were walking around the rolling hills of Bodega Bay. It was the same weather and colors. I miss my mountains madly. I miss the yellow blossoms that are surely soon-blooming in our driveway. But I am excited to see a new kind of beautiful as the ice melts Eden Prairie.






Brooklyn fell asleep on my back, holding my finger with her sweet little hand. It made my day. I adore my baby girl. I can't believe she's ONE next month!






I am so grateful for this family of mine and the joy that comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ. 
We are blessed by our most loving God. Even through our challenges, we know it, and we feel it, every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment