Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Today was Tuesday.

Darling Brooke has been fighting a fever since Sunday. Her number one coping strategy is to sleep it off... and then sleep some more to be safe. She has slept fourteen hours straight the last two nights and slept the equivalent of 5 hours during the day with her naps. Today she napped from 10:30am to 3:00pm! Her fever is gone, but she's still resting and getting back to her usual self (which still includes some serious sleep. This girl loves her sleep). She has been such a sweetheart, even when under the weather.

I haven't minded the extra cuddles one bit, and I love having an excuse to keep Pete in his jammies most the day. Peter has been such a trooper. We've had the warmest weather yet since our move, and the sweet little guy is content to sit at his table on the balcony playing with his little plastic birdhouse and the dorky paper birds I made him. 

Brooklyn's fever was gone when we woke up this morning, so we were able to get out and make a couple stops this afternoon. Hearing Brooke and Peter giggle behind me in the car made my day. I love that they are such buddies. The kids and I had a little dinner date, and then made our way home. Early bedtimes for all! Tomorrow is filled with the promise of 70 degrees. 






No comments:

Post a Comment