Tuesday, April 28, 2009

COME ON LAR!

This might seem kind of weird to do... but I wanted to put up a couple pictures of my roommate and one of my closest and most loving friends. I got a surprise phone call from her last night. With the busyness of her making the move to CA and me getting situated (and married!), Lar and I haven't seen each other since she came to our temple ceremony in January!


Laura and I lived across from each other in the wee dorm days of freshman year. Then we both went on study abroads for a semester. I remember trying to figure out our housing situation for the upcoming semester while I was in London and Laura was in New Zealand (painting.. she's an art major and a wonderful painter!).

Laura insisted on moving into a specific apartment complex, that she felt very strongly about it. We did, and I did so with the surety in my mind that she would be engaged before the semester was up. And she was!
I love Josh, and I'm so happy things worked out exactly how Laura deserves! I remember when Scott met Josh and Laura the first time, we talked the whole drive from Provo to SLC about how much respect Scott already had for them, and I talked about how they had been amazing friends to me, always there when I needed them. I remember spending evenings at their apartment because I needed to be with my best friend. Josh was always supportive and gave me excellent advice, always building me up. They probably would have loved to have shaken the third wheel on some of those nights! Laura and Josh are wonderful examples to me of the kind of person I want to be and the kind of relationship you can cultivate when you include the Spirit in your life. Laura is always several steps ahead of me! Which is nice... I always have someone who has been there, who can answer all my questions! They are now parents of Brynlee, who is about four months old. They're living in Huntington, CA. I think that sounds like such a fun life, to start your family on a new adventure, near the beach! We'll have to pay them a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment