Tuesday, April 28, 2009

LINDSEY'S GRADUATION!

"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time (T.S. Eliot)."

I thought walking for graduation this April was going to be anticlimactic because I kind of slinked out of BYU a year ago and haven't been back since. But, despite how crazy and odd the whole graduation ceremony tradition is, I was hit with a spaz of excitement the second I ran to my seat just minutes before the ceremony began. I loved listening to my professors and the other speakers in the Humanities field. It made me feel so anxious to go back to school, not really excited to leave it! I think it's time to get ready for grad school! I was so grateful that Scott and my mom were able to come. It was so fun to have a day that was just for me, and I felt so special. I am so grateful that the Lord told me in no uncertain terms to go to BYU. I can trace the greatest pieces of who I am and what in my life makes me happy and proud to my decision to go to the Y (I can't believe I say this! And most people wouldn't believe me after hearing this that I really am a U fan!). Through BYU, I met some of the greatest friends that will be in my life forever. We helped each other through everything and played our way through every adventure. I saw a little bit of the world as I studied in other countries. I became best friends with my cousin Kyle because we were both at BYU. I became a riverguide and discovered a whole new collection of mountains and trails! I prepared my mind for a life of learning. I met the man of my dreams (which isn't even cheesy, because it's actually true). I'm so grateful for my parents who made it all possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment