Monday, July 19, 2010

First Thing's First

Before I attempt to synthesize my grounding and recharging experience at the ranch, allow me to introduce you (whoever you are) to our dear friend. Of course I named him once upon a time, but the name hasn't stuck in my mind. He's a snake with a forgotten name.



He lives in our bathtub/shower... which has always bothered Scott a wee bit. Each morning before showering, he would remove the nameless snake from the shower and put him on the side of the tub or hang him over the shower curtain. I would surprise him (but this happened each morning so I don't think it was a surprise for very long) by tossing the snake back into the shower at his feet.

What the world needs to know about this snake is that he was a birthday gift from my nephew Andrew. When immersed in water, he grows up to 600 times in size! Or so the box says. I was desperate to know the truth, and I loved having a little critter hanging around for a while. Scott indulged me in the snake growth study because it was an extension of my birthday... so he couldn't say no!

We set out to measure the snake via before/after pictures. Since the snake (let's call him Eddy) is our first "pet" I suggested we take family portraits. This is what I got out of Scotty:



Look at Scott trying to feign affection for this slithery friend...



Fair enough. We got a little caught-up and busy, so we never took an after shot. I figured we'd do it eventually. Here I am... back from ranching and farming for two weeks... eager to see my snake.

WHERE IS HE??? Scott?

No comments:

Post a Comment