Thursday, December 9, 2010

Complete with Orphans and Fortune Tellers!!

The sights and sounds of 19th Century London come alive at the Dickens' Christmas Festival. This Festival is not just another craft show, but a unique and unusual entertainment and shopping experience. Olde English shops, hundreds of period costumes, fortune tellers, orphans, royalty, and the "real" Father Christmas all combine to offer our guests a Christmas experience like no other!

Today I was able to put some of my charming little English phrases to good use. All strung in a row, they didn't make much sense, but it sure got me in the mood for the Charles Dickens Festival at the SLC fairgrounds today. I was so so so excited to hear that Salt Lake was hosting the festival this year, and it was fun to get together with Kirsten, Mom, and these two little goobers (the third goober was at kindergarten). I miss hanging with Andrew now that he's becoming such a big and busy boy, but it was so much fun to hang with the little two and spend some time where Ben was the one who got a little more attention than the rest.

Ben is a crack up! While Kirsten was driving them down from Farmington, she told Ben that they were going to go to the festival with Grandma Teri and Aunt Lindsey. Ben said, "Lindsey and Scott? Lindsey is my best friend!" That about made my day. I didn't even need the singing orphans to come. I love that Ben always asks about Scott. I am not just Lindsey, I am "Lindsey: from Lindsey and Scott." I loved the day with Ben, though. He had me laughing all day. Especially while eating lunch when he was asking me to tickle him and then stop, and then tickle him some more. What a funny little dude.

I forgot to rotate the picture, but this is just to remember the day Ben got his first bow and arrow since I'm sure this is going to be a monumental day in his life. Ben is so expressive. He makes the greatest faces. When Kirsten handed him his new bow and arrow, his smile was wide and he just giggled. He ran around the festival "hunting Lamanites" (thank you little BOM stories). He also loved the slippery floor inside the Oliver Twist room, and spent the entire time pretending like he was ice skating on it. He is the most pleasant and adventurous kid. Scott and I have both said we'd have kids right now if we could guarantee we'd get one just like Ben.
Sarajane is little doll, and this post is not all about Ben! Sarajane is such a pleasant little gal. Kirsten, Mom and I are really loving having a little girl to spoil. We had way too much fun trying beanies on her round little head, getting her a magic wand, getting her a polka-dot purse, getting her some cute snow boots for next year. We are way too excited about having a girl in the family. I mean, look at all the pink on that girl! We love her so much, and we can't wait for Uncle Johnny to come home, meet her, and see how much these little people have changed! Ben wasn't even talking when Johnny left for his mission. Now he doesn't ever stop talking! And he's just so cool! Andrew is in kindergarten! He is so artistic and creative! He is also so smart! He's learning French at school, and he's a self-taught expert on science and dinosaurs. Sarajane is so smiley. There's nothing worse than trying to get a baby to smile who just won't do it. Sarajane has always got a smile in her, busting out.

Altogether, we had a great time. There's no better way to spend the afternoon than with the family, especially when the family consists of such awesome little people. I love my mom and my sister. I am lucky to have them as my best friends. We always have such a great time doing the dorkiest little things. I love the spirit of Christmas, and I love Charles Dickens. This is my favorite time of the year to re-read Hard Times. Thank you Mom and Kirsten for the fun afternoon! It's been such a fun time of the year. Work has been a blast. Scott and I are doing better than ever. Every second we're together has me laughing. We've been busy, but loving the holiday season. If I can keep my house clean for two days together, maybe I'll take some pictures of our wonderful Christmasy decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment