Monday, December 20, 2010

Downloading.

What if I could plug my brain into the computer, hook it up through a USB, open the right application... and walah! Downloaded.

Things on my mind/future posts to spur:

I LOVE our Christmasy home and decor. I LOVE our apartment. It's so cozy and festive. I should take pictures before the season is over.

I can't believe I got through last week. It was a busy one! But this week is not-so-bad and ends in Christmas in California.

We're loving the gym passes. I've hit some Zumba, Scott's hit the pool, and we both love Yoga and the machines. Scott was in charge of getting my stuff together last Tuesday since he got off work before I did. He did a great job and was super thoughtful... except I ended up doing Zumba barefoot! I think it's just more of a work-out.

I'm so grateful for the Pre-Christmas Sunday dinner Sue and Thayer hosted this weekend. That tradition (being the only one I get to keep this year) meant the world to me. My favorite part is when we light our candles and express our gratitude and well-wishing.

I about leaped through the ceiling when Espen surprised me at work last Friday! Talk about making my day! It made me realize how much I miss my family when they are away from me. I'm bummed I won't see Doug this Christmas (we barely miss him with our travel dates), and I'm DYING to get Johnny back. I hope I can conference in on the family call on Christmas.

I enjoyed my opportunity to play my violin on Christmas Sunday. I'm thinking of trying out for the Orchestra at Temple Square. It would be a lot of work to prepare... but I miss playing and performing way too much.

I also taught in Relief Society for the first time in our new ward. I think it was a great way for me to get to know some people and for them to get to know me.
The Sacrament... what a perfect topic for this time of year. I'm so glad I had the words of my buddy Lowell Bennion to make it all hum together.

Scott is still working unbelievable hours... but without school, he still feels like he is on Christmas vacation. Our real vacation awaits... but it's been SO GREAT to hang together in the evenings. I love my husband.

Everyone I know is having babies. Are you?

Scott and I had a wonderful Christmas together this last Saturday. It was cozy and loving, and exactly what Christmas should be... just a few days early!

He hit a home-run by slyly and pretty miraculously getting me a copy of this. How did I get so lucky??

Scott is helping Andrew move. We're grateful to have good friends, and I'm grateful to know that Scott is also a good friend back. Andrew's back in the avenues. It'll be fun to have him more close-by again.

We got to sit in the gorgeous Conference Center as David Archuleta sang his heart out. I loved it. (Having never watched American Idol, I didn't know what to expect. I was impressed).

I've had many occasions to be creative lately and work with my hand. Nothing feels better than that.

I am someone who just HAS to eat breakfast. Last week I didn't and it just doesn't work for me.

Scott and I got to SKI on Saturday! Oh my gosh! What a gorgeous powder day! My teeth froze because I skied with a full smile from open till close. I am having a hard time believing that I agreed to leave Utah for Sunny California smack dab in the middle of ski season with snow storms galore. But I guess surf is to Scott and ski is to Lindsey. Compromises. Compromises. Compromises...

All jokes aside, I am excited to head to the west (the west-er). I look forward to time with family and good friends (I'm so excited to see Rob and Kelley!), for a lovely break, good beach runs, a happy husband, mastering surfing (do I say this every year?), and my new neoprene booties to keep my feet toasty and warm in the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment