Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1st.

Did you know that today is December 1st? That means a lot of things for us here at the Hannay home.

1. We get to start our countdown!!! My mom and dad are so great. I love that we'll never have to grow up because they always make the holidays just as fun for us as they were when we were children. My mom and dad bought my sister, brothers, and I the most gorgeous wooden advent calendars. Each day corresponds to a lovely gift that my mom has carefully prepared and wrapped. I can't wait for Scott to get home so we can open our first advent gift! I love December! I love it!

2. The end of No Shave November. Scott is pretty scruffy these days. The funny thing is that I don't even notice anymore. I'm so used to seeing him with scruff that a beard doesn't even seem that foreign or strange. But... it is the end of November; thus, he has the freedom to shave should he choose. I don't know if he should choose. I kind of wonder if he should try out some of these new beard-do's. What do you think? I think it's pretty unfair that men never get to accessorize. They basically wear the same thing every day. And they basically have the same hair style every single day. I say, "Have fun with your beard, Men." Eh. Scotty will probably shave tomorrow.

3. I can't wait for more December storms. We've had some gorgeous ones the past few weeks. There's nothing better than snow so powdery that you can't even build a snowman. I barely broke a sweat while digging my car out on Monday. Having parked on a curb/in a ditch, the snow was halfway up the driver's door. But the snow was so perfect, it just blew right off. I love love love the snow. Bring on December! Bring on the snow!

Well this was an informative and productive post, eh? I have much more to say sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment