Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Keek

Happy Birthday Kirsten!


Kirst, I wish you were here so I could follow you around singing, "God bless the mister who comes between me and my sister! And God bless the sister who comes between me and my man!" Oh, how you would love it! But don't worry, I intend for you to hear plenty of Birthday Operatics by phone this fine, fine day.

I can't even picture what my life would be without my sister. We talk every day, and we talk about everything. I can always count on her to appreciate something wonderfully weird and have a good laugh with me. Peter loves his aunt Kirsten. She took care of him while I struggled to pull through in the hospital. She is the most amazing example, friend, mom, adventurer, cook, inventor, creator, teacher, dancer (huh?), advice-giver, drop-everything-to-do-something-for-someone-else-er, conquers-impossible-amounts-of tasks-in-unreasonable-amounts-of-time-er, party planner, and sister.  We did a surprise 30th birthday party last week with our family, and we came up with 30 words that describe Kirsten. We may have used some homemade words, but they described her perfectly and expressed just how much we love her! 

So grateful for you, Keek! Happy Birthday! And Turkey Day! Enjoy your Turducken! Bleh.


No comments:

Post a Comment