Monday, February 4, 2013

I Felt Like Me

After a one-year recovery-induced hiatus from snowy peaks, Scott and I had our first ski day. We had so much fun skiing with Johnny and Alyssa, and we were so excited to be up in the crisp, cool air again doing what we love. Peter had a fun time being spoiled by his grandparents while we spent the day at Park City. It was beautiful. I love when it is sunny and snowing at the same time. I'm not sure how that's even possible. The snow was ideal, Johnny had a lot of treats (of course), and Scotty and I had so much fun together! It was by far the biggest step I've taken since the world of heart failure and respiratory failure, and I didn't know what to expect of my body. Would I get tired? Would the altitude affect me? Would my lungs get tight or sore? Would I have a hard time breathing? Would my muscles remember what to do?

The most amazing thing happened... I felt like me! 


Scott and I can't wait to teach Peter! There's nothing better than skiing as a family. I'm grateful to have been raised in a family that skis together, and I can't wait to create one!

No comments:

Post a Comment