Monday, February 25, 2013

Monkey Style

Motherhood suits me.

I think everything Peter does is amazing. I believe he is a miracle. I love spending my days with him, watching him learn, and exploring new things together. I am so grateful to be part of as many of his "first" as I can. I love this little boy with the warmest, fullest, most energetic love. 

I sat down to clear my camera card of all the pictures we took last weekend in St. George. But I saw a few "around the house" pictures I wanted to make sure to remember. 

I want to remember Peter's request to eat a banana "monkey style" in the tub. We found out last weekend that he has an allergy to coconut. He had some granola with coconut in St. George and had a terrible rash for several days after. My mom, sister, and I all stay away from coconut... so chances were good that he'd be allergic. We had lots of daytime tubbies last week to help his raw little bum feel better. Sometimes this included eating our meals in the tub. 


Peter loves his grandma ("O-ma"), his dog ("Woof woof"), and smiling like a goof.


I mentioned to my mom and sister that Peter was loving puzzles lately. We only had one wooded farm puzzle, and Peter and I would sit and assemble it at least twenty times a day. This boy is very VERY loved, because the next day we were given two new puzzles from Grandma and four or five from his Aunt Kirsten and cousins. He loves to line them up and work on them one-by-one in a circle. 


After spending a few days with his cousin Ben, Peter was very impressed by his cool big boy basketball hoop in his room. So we got one for Peter for Valentine's Day. He loves it! He has a little basket of balls he likes to shoot through the hoop. He's not quite up to the standard of this basketball baby, but.... close.


Nothing is quite as entertaining as a box...


...except for playing with Daddy AND a box!



Love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment