Monday, February 25, 2013

St. George... Again

I love St. George. It is the perfect vacation for kids. I always had fun visiting St. George with my friends. I love the red rock. I love the biking/hiking/climbing/camping. It is a such a beautiful part of the world. But now that Peter is in our lives, it is the most perfect getaway. The drive is do-able, it is warmer than Salt Lake, and we can ride bikes, swim, and hike to our hearts' content. 

After this most recent trip, in fact, Peter's newest word is "hike."

And he means "hike," not "walk." He would get very frustrated if we tried to walk on gravel or sidewalk. He wanted dirt or rocks. If he couldn't hike on dirt or rocks, he was pretty bummed.

We had a lot of fun swimming. We always do. This boy is a fish and loves the water. We borrowed SJ's cool life-jacket/floatie, and he had a whole new sense of independence in the water. It is going to be such a fun summer filled with a ton of time at Grandma's pool!

We were so happy that Peter's Grandma and Grandpa Hannay were able to join us for our quick weekend in St. George. They had to drive a long way from Santa Barbara to meet us, and we were so happy they did! Peter loved spending time with them and reading the new books they brought. We all stayed at my parent's house in St. George. Thank you mom and dad!

Peter had a lot of fun with our cool new bubble machine. Watching him play in the bubbles was way too much fun for me!


My handsome boys in the beautiful red rock desert.


My parent's place is in the perfect location, right at the base of Snow Canyon. We went up there every day and explored to hikes and trails. It is one of the most beautiful canyons ever, with the beautiful sandstone layers. Peter was a tough little guy, building some strong hiking legs on this trip. 


Some more bubbles... you can never have too many.


I love this little boy blue. Those big blue eyes!


Grandpa Rick and Grandma Lynne rode the tandem bike around the neighborhood a bit. It was so nice to be outside in the warm weather. Scott, Peter, and I had to wear sunscreen for the first time in months! I almost felt like it was too warm! I am a winter girl... and, while I love the summer, I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to winter snow storms yet. 



Peter exerted some superhuman strength lifting his dad in the air like this. You can see the strain in his face. Tough little guy.






1 comment:

  1. Since he's a lad he eats four dozen eggs every morning to help him get large, when he is two he'll eat five dozen eggs 'till he's roughly the size of a barge!!!

    ReplyDelete