Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Medias or Calcetines?

We did it! We are finally settled in our new place! It feels like a real home now that the boxes are cleared out... books are in cases... frames are on ALL horizontal surfaces... and my one Thanksgiving decoration is in our kitchen. Now I just need to stock up with food in the fridge and it's official!

I cannot believe how much stuff we have. I have no clue how it all fit in our last place!! It is such a blessing to be able to move, have a little more room to put all of our toys. This apartment is going to be a fun adventure for us.

Scott is at day two of Goldman right now! Yesterday was a big orientation day. Today, hopefully, he'll get to know his team and finally figure out what he's going to be doing! I'm excited to see him excited!


So pictures are coming of the new place... but here's a little sneak peek into our strange world of moving. My entire life, my dad has teased me that I can't match my socks. I'd wear a holiday Christmas tree sock that sings jingle bells with a "matching" Halloween pumpkin sock. (By the way, Scott and I weren't sure which Spanish word is correct... medias or calcetines?) I thought they looked nice together. But I did decide when I entered to great expanse of BYU that I would finally match my socks. So I wore white ankle socks. White ankle socks match! No matter what brand they are... at least they're the same color and the same height!

But that's not good enough for Scott. He was very frustrated with me during our moving process. He has a fear of unmatched socks. I told him ten years of owning all these socks, and not managing to have any two socks that match, is a HUGE accomplishment. He didn't agree, however.

Alright... the tradition stands... I couldn't get our video to work. I never can! But Scott can, so unless anyone out there in the blog world wants to fill me in on whatever I'm doing wrong, I'll ask Scott to post the video when he gets home tonight!


1 comment:

  1. "He has a fear of unmatched socks". I think I instilled this fear in him! I always wore mismatched socks growing up, but when I transitioned from elementary to junior high, scott told me he wouldn't talk to me if I wore unmatched or crazy socks. And he didn't! So I quit. And now I'm a matcher. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete