Friday, November 20, 2009

CUTE MOM!

Here's mom doing medical exams for the at risk kids in the red light district! She's doing great and having a lot of fun. She's pretty tough... she's living in the jungle... with SCABIES! Ha ha ha... she probably doesn't want me to tell anyone that. Can't wait to have her home (where my dad will probably make her sleep in the garage until the scabies have gone far far away).

Check out what they're doing on their YMAD Blog

"I have been having some amazing opportunities here in India. Dr. Paul and I were able to work with 20 midwifes. These women are very smart and were so excited to learn. They asked us some great questions and we were able to teach them some things that will hopefully help save some of the babies they are delivering. We are going to talk to two other village groups of midwifes today. It feels very rewarding. I’m grateful to be here.

Yesterday a small group of the medical team went into the red light district to check on the children of the prostitutes. Nishtha has a shelter for these children. Stewy, Dr. Paul and I examined 42 children. I was overwhelmed to see the children. Overall the children were physically healthy. But, I can’t begin to comprehend all the many struggles they face each day."

1 comment:

  1. what a rock star!!! now i see where you get your adventurous side! Thanks for the talk. Love you! Can we hang out more?

    ReplyDelete