Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Your hand opens and closes and opens and closes.

If it were always a fist or always stretched open, you would be paralyzed.Your deepest presence is in every small contracting and expanding, the two as beautifully balanced and coordinated as bird wings (Rumi).

This morning I did this...



...for the first time in almost a YEAR (Well, not ALL of this. My headstand is pretty rusty! And although my dad has always called me "Pretzel," the one in the top right corner looks a little unnatural... even though I will definitely be trying it out when I'm done with this post). I missed it so much, and it felt amazing to get back into it a little. I have done yoga at a studio a couple times a week ever since I was sixteen... at least until I left the Y. On the river, I'd do it every once in a while on my own... but ever since marriage, my yoga-ing has been non-existent. I'd love to be part of a studio again, but I remember enough to get by on my own for a bit. Today felt amazing. Something I definitely need to bring back into my life. I love yoga because it is the most simultaneously relaxing and energizing time in my day. It is filled with Wordsworth's spots in time, and it helps me let go of my day, or help my day let go of me. I love that it takes concentration and conscious effort, but at the same time feels effortless.

1 comment: