Monday, January 11, 2010

One YEAR!

I know that coming back to Salt Lake has it's downs... Scott going back to work... Lindsey trying to find a job... church callings... a schedule in general. But I have to say that the week we've been back had WAY more ups than downs!!!

The entire week was seasoned with the anticipation of Kirsten's new baby! Sarajane Evans joined our family on Friday (January 8th), and she is darling! I'm so excited to have a niece! And she'll definitely learn how to hold her own against her brothers. I went up to my parents' house on Friday to watch the boys while Keek was up at the hospital. Scott was so great and joined me right at the perfect time. I was wrestling one boy who didn't want to leave the tub and another who didn't want to go to bed. In comes Scott (these boys love Scott... especially Ben). Scott was a huge help in the bedtime process. He even was alright with giving up our pre-planned night of climbing for some babysitting action. He's the best.

That night he told me that we'd be celebrating our anniversary Saturday (our actual one year was on Sunday) on the slopes! We've been dying to head up there, but we've been waiting for the perfect storm. We're still waiting for that storm... but storm or not, we had a fabulous time! It felt so good to ski! I loved being in the mountains and trying to keep up with Scott. It was also miraculously the only time I can remember skiing (besides spring skiing) where I was the perfect temperature the entire time. I was so glad Scott chose to go skiing for our anniversary because it's something we've both been dying to do for a while. It was my first time at Snowbird since I was little (I guess we did a half-day there last year)... so it was fun to revisit the runs. Scott was the one showing me around. Didn't bring the camera.... hmmph.

From the slopes we went to the hospital to see Kirst, Nick, and Sarajane! It was fun to sit and visit with them. I loved holding Sarajane and remembering how little newborns are. It's been a while since I held one (my 2 1/2 year old nephew was the last). It's so much fun to live close to my nephews and niece because I get to be there for so many special moments. I wish I had pictures... but alas.

From the hospital we went to dinner! A quick change in the car and a blindfold on my face stood between me and the mystery dinner. I had guessed about twenty-five places, but Scott is really good at keeping surprises surprises. We ended up at Market Street Grill! I love this restaurant, and I felt so special going somewhere so nice. It was also one of those nights where I was just IN LOVE with my dinner. Delicious tomato blue cheese salad, ridiculous red top sirloin, and delicious cheesy potatoes au gratin or something like that. It was amazing. The day, the food, the guy... I had the best anniversary ever! We had a wonderful anniversary, and Scott was so amazing with all the wonderful surprises and plans he had made. I'm staring at some beautiful roses right now.

Sunday morning, it felt incredible to sleep in. Really sleep in... till nine! Even in Santa Barbara we were only sleeping in till seven! I am a pretty happy girl. It's tough to celebrate an anniversary to the fullest on a Sunday. We had meetings, church, lessons to prepare, and a huge list of things to do. But we had a nice night at home with Thai chicken and coconut rice (one of our favorite recipes from the Grand Canyon river trip) and time together to play board games and just talk. (My parents were so nice and brought me some cold medicine.) It was so great to let life slow down for just one evening... since this morning the madness started all over again! Tonight there has been talk of sushi with Scott's co-workers. But we are hitting Momentum tonight either way! It'll feel good to get a good climb in.

I can't believe we've been married for a year already! I am so lucky to have Scott in my life. Every day is filled with a lot of laughing, and I'm so grateful for that. I love being married to someone who doesn't just laugh at me when I'm being a dork... but joins in and is a dork right along with me!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! This is a great post. So glad you two had a good one.

    ReplyDelete