Thursday, January 21, 2010

Things I Never Did...

I'd like this to be the title to a blog post about all the things I haven't done in life that I'd like to... but it's not that reflective. It's a post of things I have done.... that I never posted on the blog. This particular one is about my sobrinos! Scott and I got back from a trip a few days ago, and I saw pictures of my nephews and my new niece on my sister's blog, and it felt so weird that it had been over a week since I saw them! I babysat them on the day Sarajane was born, but then I got sick so I kept my distance. I can't wait to see them! Especially Sarajane! Can you blame me?



Don't be fooled. She looks tame, but in good time I'm sure she'll prove to be a goon like her brothers.

Case in point:

Goon 1


Goon 2


So... I realized looking at these kids that I never posted pictures from our trip to Mom and Dad's cabin in Midway. We went up the day after Christmas and stayed about three days before we took off for Santa Barbara. It was so nice to be at the cabin! We finally had down-time to sit and read... and there were a few simultaneous group naps as we all tried to get through our books. It was fun to go snowmobiling, sledding (which resulted in a fantastic smashed blue nose for the next week), and play with the little boys. As we drove home, we saw the most beautiful view with the sun coming up over the mountains. Scott and I pulled off the road for a bit and saw huge moose and elk in a field. I don't know if the pictures will do it justice.... but it was really cool to see in person! I feel so bad we don't have pictures of my dad! Usually he's the one taking the pictures on our family trips. This time I was taking the pictures and he was doing all kinds of errands for us (getting gas for the snowmobiles, bringing all our gear in on a sled). Thanks Mom and Dad for a fun weekend and a beautiful cabin!




















No comments:

Post a Comment