Wednesday, January 6, 2010

SB SURF



We had so much fun in Santa Barbara. It was amazing to be in warm weather, eating hundreds of oranges and grapefruit off the trees, and enjoying the down time that comes with beach days. Scott was thrilled that he was able to surf 11 times in 6 days. I can't believe it was that many! The swell was huge, and every day was an awesome day for surf. He had a ton of fun surfing with some old friends... Adam Skelton, Daniel and Simon Murdoch, Rob Kitz, Kelly Pike, Robbie and Doug Harmon, and George Murdoch (and he was so nice to spend time teaching Oliver and me the ropes a bunch of times as well!) On the days I wasn't surfing with Scott, I had a great time on the beach, reading for my Modern Poetry class and writing in my journal. It's hard to leave sunny Santa Barbara in January to come home to an icy tundra (or at least what looked like an icy tundra from the plane!), but it also feels good to be home. First big storm and we are headin' for the hills!







2 comments: