Wednesday, January 6, 2010

SB o' 2010

Scott and I had so much fun in Santa Barbara last week!! We were able to go to the beach, spend time with family, get blenders, stock up on Trader Joe's goods, go to the Farmers' Market, go thrift store shopping, spend time with friends, and get a little sun. We honestly did everything on my list! And as we were leaving Santa Barbara on Monday, I was already making the list of what I want to do on our next trip to SB.


I'll add a bunch of pictures.... but since there's so many, I'm attempting this collage thing.... Click on the collages and they'll get bigger.



It was so fun to spend time with friends and family. I loved getting to know the Harmons so well. I had a blast hanging with Scott and Robbie. I could tell that Scott was in heaven being back with his buddy. It was also incredible to be able to spend the majority of the time with Margy and Oliver. I only met them the day before our wedding! So it was fun to be able to spend actual time getting a feel for each other. I feel like we were instant friends, and I felt so comfortable at the Hannay home. Lynne and Rick were so generous and took good care of us. They really went out of their way to make sure we had a good time (which we were going to have no matter what!) It was great to spend time with them.





We spent New Years going to a nice dinner and then spending time together at home. I had a tough time staying up.... meaning I fell asleep until 11:45 (just in time to watch J-Lo usher in the New Year with the dropping of the ball in New York... celebrate, right?) We made New Year collages with Lynne, which was great. It was pretty therapeutic to be able to sit and cut and think and reshape. I felt like James Ramsay. Projecting my thoughts on the new year via paper kayakers and stimulating sayings.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had such a blast! That is so great and I'm glad you could enjoy the warm weather for awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you Lindsey (oh, and of course Scott too!). So fun to get to know you better. Can't wait to see you two again. Thanks for the great posts!!

    ReplyDelete