Saturday, October 16, 2010

Roasting Co.

... and a lot more than you'd care to know.

We've decided to further protest obtaining the internet. Here we are at the SL Roasting Co. to get our quick internet fix.

A few things that have been going on...

Autumn is my favorite season. But it is simultaneously soul-filling and agonizing because it is so fantastic, but you can't take a Fall walk without feeling desperate, knowing that the beauty is slipping away from you before your eyes. Sometimes I swear I'm watching a leaf change from green to yellow in a matter of seconds. I'm dying to find some time to post and appreciate the pictures I was able to take of the family up at our cabin over conference weekend. Then again, I'm also hoping I'll find some time to listen to the rest of conference. Those pictures depict the joy of human love.

My mom and I have finally completed the unthinkable. We have ordered my wedding pictures! Nearly 2 years after the fact. It's been a good project and a lot of fun to relive the memories and spend some time laughing hard with my mom. My mom has really been such a friend to me the past few weeks as Scott's schedule is getting more and more demanding and intense. I love having such a great friendship with my mom. I don't think a lot of people are as lucky to have what I have.

She introduced me to my first aerobics class involving a gigantic bouncy ball. I'll go on record saying that those things are trickier than you think.

Scott and I have had a good time getting the hang of our busyness. It's fun to be busy. While I do think that Pres. Uchtdorf's was personally addressed to me and my dear friend, to-do list, it has been nice to really get a hold of our schedules and it helps us enjoy the time we do have together even more. Scott took his finals last week, and we're enjoying a weekend of freedom from the MBA. Scott has a whole new energy, even surpassing my hyperactivity. He was bouncing around this morning cracking me up all day.

Scotty took Friday off to study for and take his last final. I loved having him around. Even just having him in the room while I go about my regular day with my regular things made my day so much better!

We celebrated the end of his final with a dinner with Matt and Loral. It was a 10pm dinner, which was late for us, but it was only a warm up for our evening climbing at Momentum from 11pm to 2am. It was actually a blast. I can't believe how well I held out... considering our constant house guest: sleep deprivation. We had a blast climbing with some Provo buddies and mostly just with each other. I miss hanging out with my boy all the time like we used to! (But I did just say that busy is good. What's the trade-off?)

We crashed around 3am, and I had the joyful experience of waking up at 6:15 to get ready for work at 7am. Scott was very sweet and got up with me like I do each morning when he leaves early for work. He even offered to make me a lunch like I make him a lunch. Very sweet.

I was in and out of work. Came back at 9:30am to find Scott still slumbering away. I was so proud! I crawled in bed to join him for another solid hour. I can't remember the last time we slept that late or for that long. I guess when I add it up... it was really only about six hours of rest, but it felt great! After we got up, we hung out for about an hour or so before going our separate ways. Scotty went up to Park City to mountain bike (jealous, I am), and I made the rounds at work again until about 7:30pm. We met up around 8, went to the Pie, and then made our way here... to the Roasting Co. Remember how I was going do budgeting and work done while I was here? I'm blogging. I miss the internet.

My husband just told me that he used to play Magic as a kid. When he saw my concerned reaction, he told me, "DON'T blog about that! Okay... fine. It just makes me more well-rounded as a person." Maybe that's also true for the dance class he took as a child.

Other important topics discussed this evening: What is Bill Nye the Science Guy doing these days? And is it too much of a stretch for Scott to compare him to a Greek Oracle as I compare the literary allusions to simultaneous blindness and wisdom?

So yesterday, I was listening to a RadioLab podcast about voices in your head. It was interesting, but not recommendable... and extremely creepy. So with this weighing heavily on my mind, what are the odds that we choose a table at the coffee shop next to a girl who must be hosting the Mid-East peace talks in her head. Such ups and downs.

Scott was getting a nasty smerk on his face, and I saw right through his mischievousness. "Scott, are you blogging about me while I blog about you???" AND HE WAS! That's it. I'm revoking his admin privileges. How long do you think until he notices? A year? Maybe two?

Oh... by the way, yay for us for getting engaged two years ago on October 14th! That was a smooth move o' Scott.

This has been THE WEIRDEST night at the coffee shop. Our friends playing Magic are now going to serenade us with thematic magic music... whatever that is. Right now it's mostly atonal chords.

By the way... wish us luck in our new ward tomorrow! We still have A LOT to do to wrap things up in our old ward... but we're going to start attending our new ward in the meantime. It felt sad last week to say our goodbyes. We were a little surprised at the loving farewells we received. We're going to miss our first home and ward family!



We got plenty of notes, cards, drawings, hugs, and even an REI gift card with some little magnetic climbers. Do they know us or what? I'm happy I got to teach such a great lesson on my last week with the girls. I think the girls were trying extra hard to stay awake for me since it was my last week and all.

I'm going to miss my girls, and we're both going to miss the boys. What a funny bunch. It'll be hard not to sneak over and visit. While it's sad... it also feels great and exciting to be moving on. Another new start. We love new starts. And comfort. What is that Fiona Apple song? "I still only travel by foot and by foot it's a slow climb, but I'm good at being uncomfortable so I can't stop changing all the time. I noticed that my opponent is always on the go and won't go slow so's not to focus, and I noticed he'll hitch a ride with any guide as long as they go fast from whence they came, but he's no good at being uncomfortable so he can't stop staying exactly the same."

Anyway... we love you Emmigration 27th East!!

Goodbye to all my friends in the ward and especially the stake. I've really had a blast with these women!



Hello Ensign 20th (only two houses down from our apartment)!


By the way. Remind me to google the game "Magic" sometime. I have no clue what it is, but Scott seemed pretty embarrassed claiming his "Magic" skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment