Wednesday, April 13, 2011

5 o' clock Shadow

This is one of the best things I've ever seen. I want to get a baby one for our little guy to wear through the winter!



(make sure to click on the link... the website is just too funny)

By the way... this is my first sick pregnancy day so far. I'm over half-way through... so I'm feeling pretty lucky despite being housebound today. It gave me some time to go through the boxes of baby items Kirsten donated to our charity case. I love my older sister, and I'm feeling much less overwhelmed.

I went to the doctor on Monday and found out that our child was hyperactive and never stopped moving during our ultrasound... hyperactive child sounds about right considering the fact that I'm the child's mother. We had yet another positive report, and I hope it stays that way. I felt the baby move inside me for the first time yesterday (I finally sat still long enough to pay attention to it). Now I can't stop feeling it. It's kind of fun. Our kid is nuts.

Scott and I have been tired and busy lately, but we have had a few adventures over the last week or so. We were lucky enough to be able to go to the Lakers/Jazz game with our friends Beth and Elliot, which was SO much fun! We were in the 8th row, and John Stockton was sitting right behind us. I don't think we'll ever get that lucky again, and we're so grateful to my dad for the tickets. I felt triumphant that Scott cheered for the Jazz, not the Lakers.

We've had lots of late night milk shake and smoothie runs because for some reason my body always wants one of the two. Scott witnessed Toy Story 3 for the first time a couple nights ago, and it's been so fun to just relax together in the evenings. This last Saturday we did a massive apartment purge. We got rid of TONS of stuff and reorganized our storage system so we'll have room for all the doo-dads that come with a baby. Babies sure come with a lot of "stuff." I'm so glad we're having a boy! Girls come with even more "stuff" than boys.

Scott is doing really well in his MBA program. Despite his nervousness before every exam, he sails through them with fantastic grades. I'm so proud of him. He is such a hard worker. I feel so blessed these days and love the feeling of being closer to my Heavenly Father. When I focus on all the reasons I have to be grateful, I find more and more things I am grateful for, and I find that I'm an overall more pleasant person. Funny how that works, huh? Why do I keep needing reminders? Don't you wish you could just learn a lesson once, know it, live it, and never have to re-learn it again? I feel like I'm always climbing the same mountain, forgetting which route to take.

1 comment:

  1. We're excited for you guys!! A little boy sounds so fun. (And so foreign...)

    ReplyDelete