Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fe

The explanation for the sick day: Iron. On Monday my doctor put me on an iron supplement because my iron levels were a little lower that she'd like. So I took the first pill on Tuesday and spent Wednesday losing all the food I had eaten in a week. My pharmacist helped me figure out that the iron was the cause, and all the moms I work with sympathized, sharing their own bad walks around the block with iron. I've got a handle on it now. I'm taking half the pill, and I make sure to take it on a full stomach. No other problems so far. Back to my enjoyable and comfortable pregnancy that I am very grateful for.

Little man decided to make his debut to the world yesterday morning. I woke up, and there he was, popping out and making it clear that there was something going on inside this belly of mine. It's about time! I'm so excited to finally be showing. People are telling me all day about how lucky I am that I'm so tiny... but they don't realize that this is one time in my life when I DON'T WANT to be tiny. I'm over halfway through my pregnancy, and I want proof! Well, I got it yesterday. Yay!

I've been working on about ten projects at once lately, and I'm finally starting to check them off the list. We have de-junked our lives and finally cleaned out the baby's room (which, up until now, has been the "random pile" room). I've cleaned out all the storage closets, and cleared out as many drawers and shelves as I could to make room for the little man and all his "stuff." I have to say, it was an emotional experience to pack up some of my favorite books. I realize that its a bit ridiculous to have twelve Norton Anthologies occupy precious shelf space, but I felt a little guilty boxing them.

But it was worth it, and I'm finally feeling ready to get started on the baby's room. I'm not doing a ton. Everyone keeps asking what the theme for my nursery is. I tell them my theme is "Hand-me-downs." Right now all I can think about is where on earth I'm going to put all the stuff a baby comes with.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha. I can totally sympathize with you on the iron thing. I'm working my way up to three doses a day because apparently I'm pretty anemic...but I honestly don't know how my stomach is going to handle it all. I'm supposed to start three a day on Monday...wish me luck!

    Also--our nurseries have similar themes! I totally dig it!

    ReplyDelete