Monday, May 14, 2012

Alys-s-a.

We've had a crazy weekend. 

Friday was filled with sanding, painting, drilling, spraying, and roping. I'll explain why some other time.

Saturday was filled with kid-shuffling, box-shuffling, schedule-shuffling, flower-shuffling, and Alyssa-shuffling!

The day started with Scott heading up to help Kirsten and Nick move in to their new house. I took Peter with me to work and made a dozen boutineers while he played on a blanket by my feet or on my hip in a sling. What a perfect, content little boy! After my mom and dad picked him up from the store, my day was filled with flowers for prom and mother's day. It was so much fun to spend the day at work, feeling rushed and creative, chatting with friends, and working with my hands. 

After a long day for everyone, we all met downtown at the beautiful O.C. Tanner Store where Johnny proposed to Alyssa on the balcony. He set up a lovely display with memories from their very first date as little highschoolers. I sneakily got to watch through the window as my camera stalked them and captured some beautiful moments. When they came back in, the whole family, Wiests, Petersens, Hannays, and Evans, were there to celebrate while Alyssa picked out her dream ring with her mom and sisters. I'd post some of the pictures, but they are the couple's to share or keep! We absolutely love Alyssa and her entire family! We already feel like family, so it'll be wonderful to make it official this summer! We love Johnny too. I think the world of my little brother. It's hard to think he'd ever actually find an equal, but he has seriously made the steal of the century with Alyssa. They will make the most amazing couple! We love you both!

My dad can't figure out why Alyssa needs two s's in her name. "What does the second s do that the first s doesn't accomplish?" He pronounces both s's. "Alys-s-a." 


To be fair, he should probably also pronounce the equally-useless h in John. "Jo-han"




No comments:

Post a Comment