Friday, May 25, 2012

Santa Barbara Surf Shop


The Santa Barbarans come tomorrow! Peter wore his Santa Barbara Surf Shop onesie in honor of their pending arrival.

I am so excited for Lynne and Rick to see Peter. He is already so grown-up and at such a fun stage. I can't wait for them to see him scrambling around, communicating, feeding himself, and explore everything in sight!

I have to write quickly about my favorite thing he does lately. Instead of scooting and crawling forward as he usually does on the rug, he's figured out that the hard-wood floor is so much slicker. He sticks his hands to the floor, and pushes back away from them, squeaking his hands against the wood, and propelling his body backwards! He is scooting backwards! If there is a toy he wants in front of him, he no longer scoots forward to get it (let's face it... that's hard work). So he scoots backwards under the t.v. table, and then he does a three-point turn to face the toy behind him. Then he scoots backwards to reach it (cause that's soooo much easier). It's hard to describe. But I it cracks me up, and I wanted to make sure I remember it. 

Because at the rate he's going, he probably will be doing something different tomorrow.

We just got back from the Museum of Natural History where we got to meet Yvon Chouinard and watch him accept an award. Peter was amazing, and just chilled in my lap with his head resting on my shoulder. About half way through he decided he needed a little more action, so I stepped to the back and chatted with some good friends while Scotty soaked it all in. Yvon Chouinard is one of his heroes. 

And now we're home, waiting for Peter to stop jabbering sweetly in his room so we can creep down the hallway, and burrow in our beds. 

We've got to-do lists to keep and miles before we sleep. But we're going to sleep anyway.

Goodnight!

1 comment: