Saturday, September 27, 2014

Cousins in Minneapolis

Christmas came early. Some of my most favorite ladies came to visit our little family hanging out over here in Minneapolis. I'm one of those people who talks to her mom and sister several times a day. They are my very best friends. I miss my cute nieces fiercely. I have been there, cheering them on, through every stage of their lives, and I feel the distance between us now that we have moved. It's no good, this space. A few months ago I had a mini break-down and cried to Scott, "All I want to do is go to the zoo with my sister and her kids!" I kind of like my family maybe just a little bit. 

So I was thrilled and oh so grateful when my mom and dad offered their frequent flier miles so my mom, sister, and two nieces (SJ and Emmy) could come stay with us in Minneapolis. We had so much fun. Peter was in heaven. Is there a descriptive word bolder than that? If there is, than he was whatever that word might be. SJ is his best friend, and he misses her. Emmy has gotten so much bigger since we last saw her, and I loved spending time getting to know her much better and having her sweet smile at my house. Brooklyn was happy to have the house full of her favorite people. Scott was happy to be with all the girls :) And I got to go out to dinner and cheesecake with my mom and sister sans kids, and that was so fun. I miss my people. Thank you so much for coming! 

I'm going to be throwing cousin pics up here like crazy... 


Can I please have all these raggamuffin faces at my breakfast table every morning?


Best buds.



Saying goodbye was much easier (although Peter kept begging to go with his cousins and saying, "But I miss my cousins. And Brooky misses her friend Emmy.") knowing that we were going to see each other next month at good old Dillon Beach. Peter and SJ reminisced about their last time at the beach house together.


Brooky picked up a toy phone today and said, "Hi Gamma." Clear as a bell.


We were tempted to purchase the above fluffy Peep for Doug's birthday.







Move over, Johnny. Peter is mom's new hair-brusher. He has not yet figured out what to charge, though. Could you help him out? With inflation, it might be up to a dime an hour?







I love this girl.


We had fun at the Minnesota Zoo, and Peter has asked to go back to the zoo with his cousins about every day since they left. We miss living down the street from the zoo and meeting our cousins there all the time. (See above story about crying over our inability to attend said zoo with cousins.)





This reminds me of the Brady Bunch, chicken edition.






I love these girls, and we had such a fun trip together. But I also miss their brothers like crazy. When's the boy's trip??? Hmmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment