Sunday, September 21, 2014

Downtown Minneapolis by Bike

Fall in Minnesota is already off to an excellent start. It's gorgeous. There is a deep purple in the low bushes that is unlike any autumn hue I've seen in the west (but we are both missing the changing aspens of our Utah canyons). Scott and I took the kids on a Sunday afternoon bike ride at Hyland Park today, and it made me simultaneously happy and frustrated because I'm never sure if my colorblind husband can truly see the goodness...

We're on a bit of a biking kick. It is so pleasant, now that the humidity is a little less intense, and we have had fun going on some family rides. On Saturday we went to downtown Minneapolis and biked about 10 miles from place to place, getting to know the city a bit better. It was so fun to bike along the Mississippi (I'm taking advantage of living near the Mississippi, and using every opportunity I can to spell it in my head as I type).

The kids did great in the trailer. Peter even fell asleep at the end!









No comments:

Post a Comment