Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Collection of Goods

It is SO WEIRD to feel a little human moving around inside you. I can be totally relaxed, laying down even, and I can watch my belly wiggle and jiggle around without my consent or control. It's so weird.


We've had a lot of little-man-themed fun the past week. My sister hosted my first baby shower last Monday, which was so much fun!







I was able to hang with my aunts/cousins/grandma/mom/sister while chatting and opening wonderful gifts for our little guy. We love all of the fun little baby things, and it definitely started to feel more real now that I actually have stuff to put in the baby's room. My mom and sister put in a lot of work for the shower, and I had a wonderful time. It really kick-started my excitement for little man to make his debut.


We were also lucky enough to go to Santa Barbara for the weekend for a baby shower with Scott's family and family friends. We were showered with love and gifts in Santa Barbara, and it was so nice to get to spend time with Lynne and Rick for a few days. It's always nice to take a trip to the beach, load up on supplies at Trader Joe's, hang out at the house, and devour a Blenders or two. Scott was able to have a brief surf session too, which was an unexpected surprise.









Lynne made us the most beautiful Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy dolls (with blue hair for a boy!). I'll have to post pictures of them. I love love love them and I'm sure our little man will too! Scott's family had a thing for the Raggedy's and so did we! We've both dressed up as Raggedy's for Halloween too! I should dig up some pictures.


A couple weeks ago we were able to participate in the annual O.C. Tanner Lagoon Day! Wahoo! I don't think I had been to Lagoon since my 8th grade graduation. Ten years... could that be possible?? Ha ha... Scott's never been and had to go to class that night, so he has yet to experience the germ-infested chaos! Someday, Scott. It was so much fun to chase Keek's kids around Lagoon. Andrew was so brave and went on all the scary rides. Ben and I went on a ride where we managed to get soaked. SJ just wanted to be out and about instead of confined to her stroller. Andrew was such a good big brother and took good care of his siblings when they'd go on the rides together. We ate at the big BBQ and finished the night off with some dip n' dots. Isn't that the whole point of going? The dip n' dots? It's the only reason I go to the zoo.


I'm almost through this catch up stuff!! Congratulate me.






No comments:

Post a Comment