Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blabbing

I had SO much fun at my wonderful baby shower last night with all my wonderful friends from work. I'm feeling so grateful to love where I work and love the people I work with. I think it's pretty rare to be that good of friends with your co-workers. I'm also grateful to have a job that I can come back to after baby boy is born. I'll post pictures and write a little more in detail a bit later... but I just wanted to post a little note and say thank you to my wonderful friends who took such good care of me and little one. Scott and I are getting so excited, and I'm getting much closer to pretending that I'm almost ready to say that I'm ready for the baby. I don't know how anyone can ever really be ready to have a baby. Maybe I'll be singing a different tune in a month from now... but as of now, I'm still feeling the pressure!

We have a busy weekend planned for the 4th! I've been looking forward to it as if it were a vacation. It's already July. In fact, the next couple months are filled with a lot of busyness. I'm hoping my energy stays up and my body cooperates for the next 8 weeks while we wait for the baby, because there's no time to slow down!!

Scott continues to do well in school and work. He's busy too, but there's something wonderful about summer that makes us feel like we have more time together doing what we love. We got in my parents' pool a couple days ago, which felt incredible! I loved feeling weightless and cool for the first time all summer. We got to visit with Bob, Dana, and Lizzie while we all sat around enjoying the perfect evening weather. The evenings are lengthened so Scott can fit in evening mountain bike rides, and we go on a ton of walks and hikes in the mountains and canyons just up from our house. I'm feeling lucky to be able to be as active as I am in my 8th month, but I'm also excited for little man to come out so Scott can take a turn at carrying him up a hill!

I'm thinking it's about time I print out the blog books I've had on my eternal to-do list. I have one for 2008 (Our dating year), 2009 (Our 1st year of marriage), and 2010 (Our 2nd year of marriage) all ready to go, for the most part. I need to do some editing, but then they're ready to print. I just need to get around to doing it. I figured starting 2011 and printing the other 3 will be a good post-baby project to keep me sane while being house-bound. I've been using blurb. Does anyone have another favorite or suggestions?

Today's my day off. I've been organizing YW camp, cleaning bathrooms, folding laundry, organizing the baby's room, scrubbing walls and baseboards and cleaning out cupboards and drawers. It feels good to get the schtuff done.

No comments:

Post a Comment