Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lindsey,

Remember when you used to blog all the time?

That was before Scott got a fancy phone and now all of our pictures are on his phone instead of on my camera... and I don't know how to retrieve them!!!

And I always feel guilty blogging about current things when I haven't blogged about adventures we had two weeks ago. I think it messes with my head to switch up the order. I'm a very "down the list" kind of girl.

Lists. When I lived in London, I was stressed because I didn't have a ton of time to write in my journal. But of all the times in my life, that was the time that was actually journal-worthy, so I just wrote daily lists of what I did that day instead of expanding on my feelings. (I cringe to think that I filled 37 journals between 7th grade and 12th grade, but managed to complete only 1 documenting all of my college years. And don't even get me started on the lack of journaling since marriage. I've been so lapse in this area that when I opened my mission call on the Colorado River, I felt so compelled to write something down that all I managed to do was jot down a few thoughts on the back of a paper plate. I have that paper plate in a box with my 37 journals. Disgraceful.)

Anyways... I'm not going to make the empty promises. I'm not going to pretend that I'll "catch up" tonight. Maybe I will... maybe I won't (Lindsey Brammer... I always think of you saying that when we were living at Chattham).

Side Note to the Void: How is it possible that my child has been the size of an "egg plant" (according to my little blog ticker) for about 3 weeks in a row now? I'm sure that's inaccurate, because I can promise you he's getting bigger!


No comments:

Post a Comment