Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Calling

YW President
After putting a lot of work into planning the Stake YW Rough Out Camp at Heber Valley, I have now been traded to another team (well... kind of the same team). I was called the day before my birthday to be the new Young Women's President of our ward. I'm really excited and nervous about this calling. I'm grateful to have wonderful counselors and a great organization. But I'm intimidated by these faces I don't know very well and developing a system in a newly-formed ward and Young Women's program. I'm just hoping to get organized and wrap my head around everything before the baby comes in August. I'm so excited and grateful for the calling. As I'm trying to balance the changes happening at work and the changes happening at home, I'm hoping I can balance the changes in my calling and in our ward. Wish me luck! And by the way... I'll take all the advice I can get!

Scott is still serving as Asst. Scout Master and the Deacon Quorum Advisor. I'm so happy we've spent the last three years in the youth programs of the church. We love these kids and love hanging out with them. It's such a tough age, and we've really enjoyed the chance to help them through their challenges with school and friends. We've had an eclectic group of kids, and it's fun to get to know each of them.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be awesome!!! Yay!!!! I'm a YW president, too, so we'll have to share ideas!

    ReplyDelete