Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cell Phone Updates

Someone's getting big! Peter decided he was going to be a grown-up all of a sudden. After letting him sit in a high chair at Cafe Rio the other night, he now refuses to sit in his little pink bumbo while eating his meals. So I got the high chair out of storage and brought it upstairs for Peter to use. He was so excited! I've been holding off on using it because Peter isn't sitting up on his own yet, but he's ready, I guess! My parenting style has been taking cues from my baby. Who knew? I've realized that it works best for me to learn the right principles, and then let Peter tell me when to implement them. Like napping and sleeping through the night... all of a sudden, Peter gave me the sign that he's big enough to go down like a big boy (no rocking, swaddling, or holding to get him to sleep). After three or four days of 30 minute bedtime routines and letting him cry in his crib a little bit, he's figured it out. Now I take him in his room, dim the window shade, give him his binkie, and close the door behind me. His naps are getting longer and longer each day. Right now we're averaging about 45 minutes.

We're working on sitting up. We practice in the morning, and then I prop him up as much as possible to work the muscles.





My mom and dad helped us with this stroller. I. LOVE. IT. I originally didn't want one of those strollers that holds the car seat, but I'm so grateful for it now. It is so difficult for me to haul Peter around when he's in his car seat. It's just too heavy for me; I don't have the energy because of my heart condition. So now, I just pull the stroller out of the car (SO EASY to fold and unfold... and it's so lightweight!) and clip the car seat into it. If Peter's sleeping, I don't have to pull him out of the chair and wake him up. I can just stick the chair in the stroller and take him with me. It's made it so much easier for me to do errands, go on walks... even grocery shop! Thank you mom and dad! It made a huge difference! I love it!




Peter is wearing size 9 month in almost everything now (except size 6 months in pants because he's such a skinny bean). He's getting so big! Just in time to have some fun outside as it starts to warm up in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment