Friday, February 24, 2012

Peter's Special V-Day Letter

We had a fun Valentine's Day. Scott was able to come home a little early, and we had a fancy shmancy dinner at Cafe Rio... a staple at our house. It was so nice to have time together to just talk, drive, and laugh. Peter had his first experience sitting up by himself in a restaurant high chair, and he refuses to go back to his bumbo ever since. So I brought the high chair out of storage at home. He looks so grow-up sitting at our level at the table! Peter's first Valentine's day was a success, I'd say. He got lots of love. Besides obsessing over him all day like I always do, Scott and I gave him a cute little book called "Why I Love You" or "I Love You Because," or something like that. Great-Grandma Joan and Great-Grandpa George gave him a little valentine. Grandma Teri and Grandpa Dave gave him a cool fleece from REI and a new little singing toy for his car seat (which he loves). Andrew and Ben drew some valentine pictures for us. I'd say this little boy is well-loved and pretty spoiled. Great-Grandma Bilton's valentine, all the way from Calgary, was pretty special. Grandma Bilton is in her late nineties, and she is still very much aware and involved with Peter.
This is a valentine that Scott gave her in 1990 that she has kept all these years! I think that is remarkable! I love her beautiful handwriting in her letter. And I love Scott's scratchy little handwriting on his Mickey Mouse valentine. We love Grandma Bilton, and she has sent many thoughtful notes and packages for Peter over the last few months. Hopefully Peter will be able to meet her sometime soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Sweet great grandma Bilton - so wonderful! I know she is so thrilled to be able to share these memories with you, Scott and Peter. Love you guys lots!

    ReplyDelete