Thursday, February 16, 2012

Grandpa George

Peter sends some good smiles Grandpa George's way as well. He loves when Grandpa George and Grandma Joan pay us a visit. They are always so nice when they stop by. They always bring us yogurt, bananas, half a sandwich, orange juice, a shirt for Scott, or some other surprise. It's fun for me to have visitors since I spend so much of my time at home trying to rest and recover. Peter loves Grandpa George. He used to get a teeny bit of stranger danger when Grandpa George came around, but he's done a total 360. Now Grandpa George is one of his absolute favorites! Even if it's time for a nap, Peter still gives Grandpa George some smiles. How cool for Peter to have such a special relationship with his great-grandparents, especially Grandpa George who had some very special experiences concerning Peter's birth. (Which need to be written down soon, Grandpa George!!!)

We're looking forward to this summer so he can spend some time with his Great-Grandpa Pete and Great-Grandma Pete in Sacramento. I have been so anxious to get up there to see my family. They were so supportive of me in the hospital. Scott, Peter, and I had mail EVERY SINGLE DAY to read from my Aunt Brooke and Aunt Britt for about three straight months. They were so strengthening and loving while we were going through such a trying experience. I'm looking forward to seeing so many wonderful family members who live up in Northern California (many of whom Scott has yet to meet!). We spent time over Thanksgiving with Chris and Julie and their 3 girls. All the girls were SO great with Peter, and he smiled at them a lot, even though he was so little.

Peter is such a special boy. I will never forget the amazing circumstance of his birth. I know he has a very strong, wise, and particular spirit. I remember Grandpa George saying while holding him in the early days, "How do they pack such a big spirit in such a little body?" I feel that every time I hold this boy. There is something very special about this one. And our family knows it and treats him so lovingly. I love to reflect on all of the special stories and experiences my family members shared with me while I was in the hospital following Peter's birth. We had some wonderful moments that collectively confirm to me the great blessings of faith in the gospel, the attentive love and concern our Heavenly Father has for each and every one of us, the true nature of angels and miracles, and my absolute certainty that Heavenly Father has a divine plan that is perfectly suited for each of us. My love for Peter is so strong I feel like my heart is going to burst right out of my chest. My gratitude for Scott and for my wonderful family -parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, and cousins- is strong and forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment