Friday, February 17, 2012

Three years.

Scott and I celebrated three years of marriage in January. He was in Pittsburgh for school, so we didn't get to celebrate together. But we got each other gifts! Ha ha ha... He got a nice Patagonia jacket at the REI garage sale, and I got some beautiful Penguin hardback classics for my living room.

There's something called "river time" where you begin to measure the day not based on the minutes or hours that pass, but by how many turns you've gone and the unknown number of turns to come. I've began to see that life, in general, makes most sense when viewed through the perspective of river time. I can try as hard as I want to plan my life according to my supposed milestones and time line, but all I can really do is learn from the turns I've taken, and look forward and be prepared for the turns to come. I've experienced some turns I didn't plan or expect, but those have been the best turns yet! I'm thrilled to take all the future turns together with Scott... and peter!

No comments:

Post a Comment