Monday, January 14, 2013

Our Blizzard

This is why I absolutely LOVE living in Utah.
There is something so magical about seeing our immediate world covered in several feet of beautiful, white snow. 
Scott was pretty bummed. "I've lived in Utah for 8 years, waiting for a storm like this! And the one week I'm out of town it happens!"
But Scotty still came home to about 3.5 feet of snow in our yard. 


A big thank you to my neighbors and my dad for snow removal help while Scott was gone! 

Peter and I spent the days cozied up in our house, watching Cars (his new obsession), playing with every toy we own, building forts, and watching the snow fall from the front door. Peter LOVED the snow and was dying to play in it (sub zero temperatures? We wouldn't have lasted too long!) Every time I opened the door he'd squeal and say, "Ooooohhh ya!"

Because Scott was away last week (FINISHING HIS MBA!!!), I got a lot of pictures on my cell phone so we could send them to Scotty throughout the day. I have some awesome pictures and videos on our other camera, but I'm trying to clear off the phone pictures first. 


 This picture is just one of the reasons why I love where I live. It took two days to get our road plowed, and I must have seen about a dozen cross-country skiers outside my window! I wanted to strap Peter on my back and join them!





 I used to do this when I was younger and we used to have storms like this all the time. I loved watching trucks and snowmobiles pulling sleds throughout the neighborhood.








Grateful to live on such a beautiful street in a beautiful neighborhood. 
And grateful for four seasons! I'm loving this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment