Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Thank You, Scott

Thank you for buying me dark chocolate covered powerberries from Trader Joes.
Thank you for dancing with me in the kitchen.
Thank you for making up nicknames for me like Lobster, Meep, and Tiny Titan.
Thank you for climbing mountains with me, running rivers with me, and hurling yourself down snowy slopes with me. 
Thank you for taking slow walks to end of the street when that was all I could do.
Thank you for sticking to what you start.
Thank you for breakfast in bed and foot rubs.
Thank you for writing me messages on the fridge with alphabet magnets.
Thank you for liking my curly hair.
Thank you for writing me notes and telling me you love me.
Thank you for teaching me about apps.
Thank you for working so hard all the time.
Thank you for getting up with Peter.
Thank you for making what's important to me important to you.
Thank you for picking up Cafe Rio on your way home from work. A lot.
Thank you for being so weird.
Thank you for being the most wonderful father.
Thank you for playing the guitar for me and liking folk songs.
Thank you for your repeated attempts to make the bed and fold towels, even though I always redo your work. 
Thank you for staying by my side. Always.
Thank you for getting me through the hardest moments of my life.
Thank you for sharing my excitement and faith in our future.
Thank you for coming to the ranch and loving it as much as I do.
Thank you for loving my family.
Thank you for all our adventures, joys, and surprises.
Thank you for being creative and spontaneous.
Thank you for owning my dream car (I promise that's not why I married you!).
Thank you for drawing pictures of flying machines at church.
Thank you for making good decisions in your life so you could be your best self for me.
Thank you for getting me new pajama pants for Christmas.
Thank you for giving me the gift of Peter. It's the best gift that keeps on giving.
Thank you for having just the right amount of hippy in you.
Thank you for understanding me.
Thank you for putting me first. 
Thank you for building forts.
Thank you for having good taste in music.
Thank you for camping trips, caving trips, and climbing trips.
Thank you for staying up late with me looking at pictures of Peter.
Thank you for being so handsome!
Thank you for having a grateful heart.
Thank you for making me feel safe.
Thank you for cheesy jokes that make me laugh.
Thank you for being my partner and best friend.
Thank you for making me miss you when you're away
Thank you for being excited for adoption.
Thank you for helping me remember at all times that everything will be okay.
Thank you for your faith.
Thank you for your love.
Thank you for making me feel special.
Thank you for helping me recover.
Thank you for holding my hand.
Thank you for being on my side.
Thank you for seeing the bigger picture.
Thank you for being so much fun without even trying.

Thank you for the last four years. 
Thank you for choosing me.

I love you. I love our life together.
You are my favorite.



1 comment:

  1. I love you so much!! Thank you for the incredibly sweet note. I am the luckiest guy in the world! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete