Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Grandma Teri

Last month, before Easter, we jumped on FaceTime to chat with my parents, Johnny, and Alyssa. They were all together for a little Sunday dinner. We miss them so much, all of our Hannay and Petersen family, and are so grateful for FaceTime. It eases the difficulty of being away from the people we love.

I was having a particularly difficult week. More often than not I can embrace this new stage in our lives. My kiddos keep me very busy and physically active. But I was having a hard time finding perspective. Heavenly Father answers prayers, and my parents are His most willing workers when it comes to showering me with love :) Not only did I receive some beautiful, sunny tulips and pussy willow in the mail to brighten up my spring-less world in Minnesota, but while FaceTiming that Sunday, my mom announced that she had booked a flight the next day to come hang out with us for a few days!!! She does not do love and concern half-way. It absolutely recharged and refreshed me, and the kids were in HEAVEN! Mom, I love you like crazy, and your visits are such a bright spot for us! Thanks, dad, for sending my mom to me! Next time, you should come with her :) 

We had a blast preparing for Easter...dying eggs, making rice krispy nests, and planting some sunflowers in our kitchen. Grandma brought Peter and Brooklyn a fun Easter present too, a Calico Critter treehouse and little family of bunnies. Peter plays with it every day! Brooklyn and Peter adore their grandma, and we miss her when she goes back home. Peter felt the farewell even more acutely this time. Scott and I just looked each other, sadly, as we drove home from the airport hearing Peter in his carseat, "I wanna go with Gramma. I wanna go with Gramma!" 

That same week, we received more mail than we have ever gotten in such a short period of time. Thanks to Easter and our amazing family! We received surprises in the mail from Grandma Sue and Grandpa Thayer, Aunt Brooke, Gramma Lynne and Grampa Rick, Kirsten and Nick & family (including a homemade Easter skirt from Aunt Kirsten for Brooklyn!), Grandma Teri and Papa, Grandma Joan and Grandpa George, and Brooklyn's birthmom Krista. All this AND a surprise visit!

One bad day, and the Lord sent a deluge of love.

We are so grateful!   













No comments:

Post a Comment