Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Where We Bean

The kids and I decided to jump on a plan and see what their dad's been up to during his work trips to Chicago. Scott and I have the greatest respect for each other's jobs, and I was happy to get a window into his. He is a smart, creative, hard worker. I love his guts.

We loved Chicago, or "A-cado," as Peter calls it. He also called the hotel the "show and tell." Oh, I love him!

The flight there went smoothly. It was just over an hour, so that helped. I was over-prepared with snacks and distractions, and we barely had to get into any of the stuff I brought. We got through security great, handled the airport situation really well. I have wonderful kids, and they were both excellent little travelers. I am so lucky, especially since it was well passed bedtime. 

Brooklyn got a cold on the flight to Chicago and was under the weather the whole time, poor girl. But she was such a trooper! Between napping on the go and living in a hotel, our little champ was still happy and content, only a little mellow. We had a fun few days over the weekend where we explored with Scott, and then four days where I explored with my kiddos while Scott worked. We went to the children's museum, aquarium, pier, Lincoln Park zoo, explored shops and snacks, and walked along the river. We had a great time and wonderful weather. It was just the greatest week all together in a new city. Peter and Brooklyn were awesome travelers! But by the end of the week, we were exhausted (especially the mama who carried kids on back and front all around the city) and ready to get home to our little routine. It's nice to get back into the swing of things, but we might be making another trip to Chicago. It is a really fun city. We were so impressed with it and have a lot more exploring to do!













No comments:

Post a Comment